Switlik Techfloat Lift & Rescue Device
- Throwable or drone mounted water rescue device
- Automatically expands on contact with water
- Included rope to connect rescuer directly to victim
- Re-arming devices available for multiple uses
The TechFloat is a throwable, inflatable rescue device for all-season water and ice rescue that has incorporated lifting capability. This combination of features makes the Techfloat a complete rescue and recovery device for multiple scenarios and platforms. Including but not limited to: Swift Water, Still Water, Ice, High Angle, UAS/Drone Rescue.
The TechFloat is worn with an over-the-shoulder strap, which connects the rescuer directly to the victim and leaves both hands free. The inflatable is removed from its valise and easily thrown to the victim. The unit comes with 100 feet of highly durable floating line and has water-activated inflation. After activation, the victim places the inflated bladder around themselves, and the rescuer is free to retrieve the victim by means of the line attached between them.
Deliver underarm flotation device to the victim at a distance
The Techfloat can be deployed to a distressed person-in-water from a distance using a drone. The inflatable is removed from the valise and attached to the drone, flown above and dropped to the victim. The underarm flotation device activates upon hitting the water and the victim can swim in. The floating line stays connected to the victim and the rescuer and is available in 100 ft. or 200 ft. lengths and is used to retrieve the victim.
- Access hard to reach areas
- Perform search and rescue missions in all weather
- Protect rescue teams from potential risks in having to enter water
Lift to safety
1,600+ Lbs lifting strength
“Person in Water” (PIW) Rescue Responders now have a device that combines buoyancy for the victim with 100 feet of floating line for two-handed retrieval. Over 1,600 Lbs. of lifting strength allow for individuals to be hoisted to safety.
35 lbs. Buoyancy
Switlik’s new Underarm Flotation Device (UFD) provides 35 Lbs. of buoyancy, keeping the PIW’s head and shoulders out of the water more effectively than traditional means of rescue flotation. This allows for the victim to assist in their own rescue.
To your person or a stationary object
A quick-disconnect buckle has been added to the shoulder strap for use in swift water rescue scenarios, and can be used to tie-off to a stationary object.
- Bag Dimensions: 13"L x 8"H x5"W
- Weight: 4.5 lbs. packed for 100' cord, 6 lbs. packed for 200' cord
- Bag Material: Coated Nylon
- Bag Color: Orange/Black
- Line Material: 1/4" Multi-filament Polypropylene Floating Line
- Horseshoe: 35lb Inflated Buoyancy
- Horseshoe Material: Double Coated Polyurethane Nylon (210D)
- Chest Straps: 1-1/2" nylon web. with Quick Release Buckle
- Inflation: Replaceable 33g CO2 Cylinder
- Deflation: Via oral valve
- Techfloat Rearm Kit : p/n S-4121-1 Repacking: One or two Rearm Kits should be carried aboard. The Techfloat is easy to rearm the owner/user should become familiar.
- Storage: Store Techfloat in cool, dry location. Techfloat should not be stored where it can get wet.
- 1x Floatation device
- 1x Shoulder bag
- 1x Attached rope
- 1x Arming Kit